Youth triathletes from Steamboat club show well in Eagle
July 12, 2017
It's a big summer for the Steamboat Triathlon Club, bursting at the seams with 40 athletes.
Six of those athletes traveled to Eagle for the LG Triathlon on Saturday and came home with strong results.
Alexander Craig had the top results of the group, getting a sixth-place finish in his age division. Natalia Craig was seventh in hers, Caroline Landers was eighth, Lucy Travis and Timmy Landers were both 11th and Cooper Malia was 15th.
"They all had a huge, positive showing there," club coach Joy Rasmussen said.
As for the program, she said it's running as well as it ever has.
"We're maxed out at 40 kids. We haven't been able to take anymore based on the logistics of the pool and the coaching staff, but it's been a huge success," she said. "We have kids coming back for three years in a row, and we have some junior coaches, who went through the program and are now helping coach it."
Recommended Stories For You
The group is swimming, biking and running toward a July 26 finale when local athletes will compete in a short youth triathlon in Steamboat Springs.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Orthopedic surgeons partner to create new combined practice in Steamboat
- Students who threatened school shooting in Craig located by police
- Craig police, school district investigating shooting threat made on high school by two students
- Mom And Dad set to take over the Old Town Pub in Steamboat
- Steamboat business owner has issues with pot shops being stuck in west side of town