Steamboat baseball drops two more
March 29, 2016
Steamboat Springs High School baseball coach Rusty McRight said it's simple mistakes that continue to lead to lopsided losses for the Sailors.
On Tuesday, the team lost twice on a trip to play at Eagle Valley, falling 13-3 in the first game, then 22-4 in the second.
"It's mental errors and fielding errors," he said. "We're making entirely too many errors."
Those errors make for long innings and big scores.
The team fell to 2-6 on the season.
"We're giving up too many bases on balls and not executing routine plays," he said. "We're just a young team, and we're going to continue to get better. They're freshmen and sophomores, and they're learning the philosophy of the game, how to play and execute. We're just going to keep working."
Trending In: Prep Sports
- Orthopedic surgeons partner to create new combined practice in Steamboat
- Craig police, school district investigating shooting threat made on high school by two students
- Students who threatened school shooting in Craig located by police
- Mom And Dad set to take over the Old Town Pub in Steamboat
- Steamboat business owner has issues with pot shops being stuck in west side of town