SSHS, Hayden track compete in Grand Junction
April 3, 2016
Steamboat Springs — The Steamboat Springs High School and Hayden High School track and field teams traveled to Grand Junction on Saturday for the Mickey Dunn Invitational. The meet featured 24 teams and more than 700 athletes.
The Sailors were again led by their runners. The girls 3,200-meter relay team took fifth, boys 3,200-meter relay team ninth, and girls 1,600 relay team sixth. Alexandra Tumminello was sixth in the girls 1,600-meter race (5 minutes, 45.29 seconds) and Kandice Kittinger ninth in the girls 3,200-meter race (12:47.18).
Allison Casey was 10th in the girls 200-meter dash (28.26 seconds) and Cruz Archuleta 10th in the boys 400-meter dash (55.17).
Hayden had particularly impressive performances from its girls. Freshman Allison Ingols took eventh in the girls triple jump (30 feet, 4.25 inches), freshman Paige Barnes 11th in the girls long jump (13-10.00) and freshman Faith Day 10th in the girls high jump (4-08.00).
Hayden’s 800-meter girls’ relay team was sixth.
The next scheduled meet for both teams is Saturday at Eagle Valley.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Prep Sports
- Steamboat boy battles kidney cancer
- Students who threatened school shooting in Craig located by police
- Spring Creek at a tipping point? Some worry about more cycling traffic coming off of Buffalo Pass
- Arnold brother surprised, thankful, after Steamboat rallies to save his family’s barn
- Mom And Dad set to take over the Old Town Pub in Steamboat