SSHS girls tennis earns semifinal spots in Grand Junction tourney
March 11, 2016
Steamboat Springs — The Steamboat Springs High School girls' tennis team won its second match of the season, defeating Durango 4-3 on Friday. The match, played in Grand Junction, started Thursday but had to be completed the following day.
In that match, the Sailors got wins from Maddie Labor and Maddie Thompson, the No. 1 and No. 2 singles players, as well as their No. 1 doubles team of Sabina Berend and Sydney Boyd. The No. 3 doubles team of Jordan Hetrick and Natalie Simon earned the fourth win.
Also Friday, Steamboat began competing in a two-day tournament, hosted by Grand Junction High School. The Sailors made two of Saturday's semifinals: Thompson at No. 2 singles and Berend and Boyd at No. 1 doubles.
Saturday's play begins at 9 a.m. for Steamboat.
Trending In: Prep Sports
- Flourishing or floundering? Bald eagle population recovery celebrated, but another threat remains
- New development plans submitted for 655 Yampa St.
- Steamboat boy battles kidney cancer
- Spring Creek at a tipping point? Some worry about more cycling traffic coming off of Buffalo Pass
- Routt County real estate transactions: April 13 to 19, 2018