Boys lax pulls away late to beat Glenwood
April 13, 2016
Steamboat Springs — It still wasn't the start-to-finish effort Steamboat Springs High School boys lacrosse coach Jay Lattimore wanted, but ending on a high note with the win certainly feels good.
On Wednesday at Glenwood Springs, the Sailors used a strong second half to pull away for a 15-9 win.
"It was a good win," Lattimore said. "The guys, again, took a little bit to get started, which we are still trying to piece together a full game. The second half was the game they played, so it was definitely good to finish."
Glenwood (4-3) remained close in the first half; the teams went to the break even at 6-6. The second half was dominated by the Sailors, however, who finished with a 9-3 run.
Senior Drew Williamson and sophomore Davis Petersen each led the Sailors with six goals.
Steamboat (7-3) has one game remaining before spring break, a 4 p.m. contest Friday at Eagle Valley (3-6).
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Prep Sports
- Orthopedic surgeons partner to create new combined practice in Steamboat
- Students who threatened school shooting in Craig located by police
- Craig police, school district investigating shooting threat made on high school by two students
- Mom And Dad set to take over the Old Town Pub in Steamboat
- Steamboat business owner has issues with pot shops being stuck in west side of town