SSWSC duo competes at big mountain championships
April 15, 2016
Steamboat Springs — A pair of Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club skiers competed in the International Freeskiers and Snowboarders Association North American Junior Freeride Championships last week, held at Whistler Blackcomb in British Columbia, Canada.
The top 160 athletes were invited to the North American Championships based on their national or regional rankings.
Both boys are members of the SSWSC big mountain team, with Bryce Zetzman having qualified for the Noram championships two straight years now. Last week, Zetzman took 27th overall out of more than 40 competitors in the male 12-to-14 age group with a top run of 31.57 seconds.
His teammate, Steamboat’s Parker Temple, did not record a score in the 15-to-18 age division after losing his skis upon landing.
For full results, visit freeskiers.org.
Trending In: Outdoors
- Orthopedic surgeons partner to create new combined practice in Steamboat
- Students who threatened school shooting in Craig located by police
- Craig police, school district investigating shooting threat made on high school by two students
- Mom And Dad set to take over the Old Town Pub in Steamboat
- Steamboat business owner has issues with pot shops being stuck in west side of town