Lennon Vaughan scores high at X Games Oslo
March 4, 2016
Steamboat Springs' freeskiing Vaughan brothers closed out February strong.
Lennon Vaughan, 19, rocked his first X Games, competing at X Games Oslo in the men's skier half-pipe competition. Invited as an alternate, he made the field, then skied well enough to place 13th.
The top eight riders made the event's finals, and Vaughan wasn't far off. His first run scored in at 70.66, about 10 points shy of the cut.
Back in the United States, Spencer Vaughan, 17, had a strong weekend of his own. He won the men's snowboard open division at a United States Snowboard and Freeski Association half-pipe event at Keystone.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Steamboat boy battles kidney cancer
- Students who threatened school shooting in Craig located by police
- Spring Creek at a tipping point? Some worry about more cycling traffic coming off of Buffalo Pass
- Arnold brother surprised, thankful, after Steamboat rallies to save his family’s barn
- Mom And Dad set to take over the Old Town Pub in Steamboat