Hayden football rolls against Miami-Yoder
September 23, 2017
Sure, they tried to score a lot, but even the Tigers, themselves, were a little surprised at their offensive output Friday night.
The Hayden High School football team went on the road to beat Miami-Yoder, 62-12.
"We weren't really even trying to score that much," coach Ryan Wilkie said. "We put in our young kids, and even they scored 14 points. It was just a good night."
Patrick Hunter put in three touchdowns to help lead Hayden. The win improves the Tigers to either 3-1 or 4-0 on the season. The Colorado High School Activities Association ruled last week Hayden must forfeit a game it won against Justice, 56-12, after the Tigers reported having used an ineligible player late in the game. Wilkie said the team is appealing that decision.
Next up is a big one for the Tigers, a trip to play at 7 p.m. Friday at West Grand, 4-0 and ranked No. 5 in 8-man in the state.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Steamboat Olympian Arielle Gold takes in ESPYs experience
- Acclimating with Leah: Yoga with a side of Pilates at Steamboat Pilates & Fitness
- Acclimating with Leah: Running with Twisted Trails
- Steamboat Olympian Arielle Gold to walk red carpet at ESPYs
- Former Steamboat lacrosse player plays for Team France in World Championships
- New Silver Creek Fire burning in Routt National Forest
- Anger, disappointment and shock after mural vandalized in downtown Steamboat Springs
- Pot shop sues city of Steamboat after relocation application denied
- Tom Ross: Steamboat Whistle publication provides glimpse of summer tourism in the 1960s
- Driver in fatal US 40 crash sentenced to 18 years in prison