Enduro riders slash through Steamboat
September 10, 2017
Dozens of mountain bikers hit the trails gravity-fed around Steamboat Springs on Saturday and Sunday for the Enduro-X mountain bike race.
Friday sent riders into the backcountry in North Routt County while they honed in on Steamboat Ski Area on Sunday, riding a total of eight stages.
Steamboat Bike Park manager Trevyn Newpher proved to be the fastest on two wheels, winning the pro men’s division. He recorded the fastest time on six of the weekend’s eight stages.
Kyle Hickey was second and Alex Boday third.
Johanne Albrightsen was weekend’s fastest woman.
Other division winners included Frederick Zacherl in the men’s master’s 40+ division, Sean Jergensen in the men’s 19-29 division, Jacob Dudek in the men’s 30-39 division, Christian Forrest in the junior men U14 division and Dane Freckleton in the junior men U18 division.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- College student recovers after getting bitten by rattlesnake near Steamboat
- Anger, disappointment and shock after mural vandalized in downtown Steamboat Springs
- Man who unintentionally fired bullet during Steamboat baseball game is a Wyoming police officer
- Yampa River flows on the rise due to reservoir releases above Steamboat
- Steamboat City Council seeks to place 5 percent tax on marijuana before voters