Elite Hockey Training camps come to Steamboat next week
June 16, 2017
Hockey players in Steamboat don't have to go far to receive top level coaching.
Steamboat Springs-raised Ryan Dingle, back for the summer in the off-season from playing professionally in Europe, begins his seventh year of hosting his Elite Hockey Training camps next week at his hometown Howelsen Ice Arena.
"My playing career has been an amazing path but to come back home and help the development of Steamboat’s youth is equally as rewarding," said Dingle, 33, who this year will play for England's Coventry Blaze. "I love seeing that pure joy radiating from a kid who loves hockey like I do. My goal is to put Steamboat on the hockey world’s map, and hopefully, these camps will help. There's some great momentum with the local youth hockey program here."
Local youth hockey advocates are quick to praise Dingle's camps.
"Ryan is a huge asset to our community," said Steamboat Springs Youth Hockey Association Director of Hockey Brian Ripley. "He exemplifies what it means to give back to his community through his involvement at the youth level each summer after playing professionally in Europe over the winter. And while he provides top notch instruction at a reasonable cost, more importantly he's always positive, full of energy, and sets a great example for our young athletes. We are very lucky to have him."
"To have that caliber of a hockey camp in Steamboat, coached by someone who grew up here and still plays professionally, is an amazing opportunity for kids in our community," added Steamboat Springs Youth Hockey Development Director Kerry Shea.
Recommended Stories For You
The camps run June 19 to 22 for squirts and girls; June 26 to 30 for high school/Bantam and peewees; and July 10 to 14 for Mites, age 5 to 7. Dingle is also offering private lessons and a new summer off-ice training program before heading to his new team in mid-August.
For more information about the camps, visit https://www.elitehockey.training/about-us.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Youngest take centerstage at Steamboat rodeo ram scramble
- Former Steamboat lacrosse player plays for Team France in World Championships
- RESULTS: Steamboat Springs Pro Rodeo Series week No. 6, July 14, 2018
- Changes to Steamboat’s Bald Eagle open water series expand participation
- Acclimating with Leah: Running with Twisted Trails
- Man self-splints broken arm after being thrown from horse in Zirkels
- City to consider vacating easements near RiverView development on Yampa River
- Steamboat dog makes miraculous recovery
- Routt County real estate transactions for July 6 to 12, 2018
- Drinking in the library: The Record for Saturday, July 14, 2018