Man trying to get rid of mosquitos accidentally sets off fireworks with smoke device: The Record for Sunday, July 2, 2017 | SteamboatToday.com

Man trying to get rid of mosquitos accidentally sets off fireworks with smoke device: The Record for Sunday, July 2, 2017

Sunday, July 2

12:34 a.m. Steamboat Springs Police Department officers were called to a report of a fight in the 800 block of Lincoln Avenue.

1:12 a.m. Routt County Sheriff’s Office deputies were called to a report of a bear near a nursery in the 35000 block of U.S. Highway 40.

2:06 a.m. Officers were called to a report of a bear in the 300 block of South Lincoln Avenue.

7:47 a.m. Officers were called to a report of a stolen vehicle in the 400 block of Eighth Street.

9 a.m. Officers were called to a report of a bear in the 1300 block of Indian Trails.

Recommended Stories For You

10:28 a.m. Officers were called to a report of a theft from the 800 block of Lincoln Avenue.

3:25 p.m. North Routt Fire Protection District emergency responders were called to help rescue someone who was having a medical issue on the Hahn’s Peak trail.

5:51 p.m. Emergency responders in North Routt were called to a report of an explosion on Routt County Road 52E. A man reportedly lit a smoke device to get rid of mosquitos. But the smoke device burned the man and he accidentally threw it in a trailer full of fireworks and caused an explosion. The man sustained severe burns.

7:36 p.m. Officers were called to a complaint of fireworks in the 1500 block of Skyview Lane.

9:13 p.m. Officers were called to a complaint about fireworks in the 2900 block of Alpenglow Way.

9:38 p.m. Officers were called to a complaint about fireworks in the 900 block of Pine Street.

9:44 p.m. Officers were called to a complaint about fireworks in the 2900 block of Alpenglow Way.

10:39 p.m. Officers were called to a report of a bear at Colorado Mountain College.