Rachel Bellis: Thank you crew
August 15, 2015
Thank you crew
During the weekend of Aug. 1, the Steamboat Scowboys pulled off their 14th annual MC Scow regatta at Steamboat Lake State Park. We had a small field of boats this year, and after two days of tight, competitive racing in challenging light air conditions, our buddy Ray Kuntz took our trophy home to Lake Lotawana, Missouri.
Our little regatta is unique; we have no clubhouse, and no war chest to pay for expenses. The couple of us MC sailors who live up here get it organized. MC sailors and their families come in from out of town or out of state to chip in with us, and we all make it happen. We do it because Steamboat Lake is a beautiful place to sail, and it's a blast.
This year, we had a fabulous campsite barbecue catered by Hayden's own Steve Carlson, great attention and service from Carroll Zamzow and her Hahn's Peak Roadhouse crew and outstanding cooperation all weekend from Steamboat Lake Park manager Julie Arington and the whole park crew.
Our thanks go out to all of them and to the volunteers and spectators from the Steamboat Springs Yacht Club and our friends who spent the weekend with us on the water.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Flourishing or floundering? Bald eagle population recovery celebrated, but another threat remains
- Arrest made in downtown Steamboat business burglary
- New development plans submitted for 655 Yampa St.
- Assault at restaurant: The Record for Saturday, April 21, 2018
- Routt County real estate transactions: April 13 to 19, 2018