Gary Kalow: Rob is right but wrong
August 25, 2015
This is a response to Rob Douglas' letter to the editor in the Aug. 11 Steamboat Today. I am a conservative who usually votes Republican. I agree with Rob in that Donald Trump would be a terrible GOP candidate for president. That said, for the Republican Party to exclude him from the field of candidates would be doing what liberal Democrats have been doing for years.
They tell those they disagree with to "shut up and sit down." I take issue with a lot of Trump's statements, and similar to Rob, I don't support him. I think it's up to the individual voter and not the national Republican leadership to decide how far Trump's campaign goes.
Once the real issues are discussed and real solutions put forth by the other GOP contenders, "the Donald" will fade away.
Hello America. Wake up. The large field of GOP candidates offers much more diversity and broad range of ideas than the three lock-step liberals and one socialist the Democrats are offering.
It's a cold, hard fact that politics is a very tough game, and there will never be the "perfect candidate." If you don't vote one way or the other, you become part of the problem, not the solution.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Orthopedic surgeons partner to create new combined practice in Steamboat
- Craig police, school district investigating shooting threat made on high school by two students
- Routt County treasurer withholding tax money from Steamboat after tax error discovered
- Steamboat business owner has issues with pot shops being stuck in west side of town
- Former Steamboat teacher suspected of burglarizing bike shop