Craig Farnum: Thanks for charging stations
March 7, 2016
My family wants to thank the community of Steamboat Springs for choosing to install electric vehicle charging stations in town.
We live in Carbondale and had to make an important flight out of the Eagle-Vail airport during the time of the Glenwood Canyon rock slide closure. Our family vehicle is 100 percent electric, and we would not have made the long detour through Steamboat without being able to recharge in town.
And, of course, having an EV charger is a win-win investment for local taxpayers. In return for our approximately $3 worth of electricity, we stayed the night at the Rabbit Ears and enjoyed the great local cuisine for dinner and breakfast.
Thank you, again, to great folks of Steamboat for supporting electric vehicles.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Arrest made in downtown Steamboat business burglary
- Spring runoff 2018 in Steamboat Springs defies the odds
- Assault at restaurant: The Record for Saturday, April 21, 2018
- Remember when naked foxes roamed Steamboat?
- What trails are open around Steamboat Springs this mud season? We checked in with some experts