Anne Kroeger: Consider outdoor rink
April 8, 2016
I read with great interest the article on improvements to the ski area. I am a home owner in Steamboat and have been for 30 years. I love to ice skate, but there are too many planned activities at the present ice rink.
I grew up in Denver, and it was a wonderful opportunity, to go outside and skate on area ponds, or to Evergreen or other small ponds in the mountains. I think the Steamboat area could justify having an outdoor skating rink.
Many guests do not ski, and this would be a drawing factor for them to come to Steamboat. It also gives people something to do in the evening for fun. It is a super way to spend an evening on a date.
An outside rink would be invigorating to say the least and a great money maker. It could be built in the area where all the buildings were torn down a few years ago.
Recommended Stories For You
Please consider an outdoor skating rink.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Spring runoff 2018 in Steamboat Springs defies the odds
- Arrest made in downtown Steamboat business burglary
- Assault at restaurant: The Record for Saturday, April 21, 2018
- What trails are open around Steamboat Springs this mud season? We checked in with some experts
- Remember when naked foxes roamed Steamboat?