Ann Ross: Seniors not for increase
April 11, 2016
Steamboat Springs — There is a saying "Two is company, three's a crowd," but in this case three is not enough. I am adding to the Zehners' and Bob Burks' concerns about the increase in senior ski pass rates, hoping more will chime in.
I have skied, raced, patrolled before the Ambassadors and had my share of falls and busted limbs but kept coming back. I miss the after-ski laughter now overwhelmed by loud pounding noise.
A raise in rates is one more way the Steamboat Ski and Resort Corp. gets rid of us that loved the mountain for years. I remember when seniors skied free. Loyalty does not matter.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Spring runoff 2018 in Steamboat Springs defies the odds
- Arrest made in downtown Steamboat business burglary
- JetBlue adds 3 new destinations to Steamboat’s winter flight schedule
- What trails are open around Steamboat Springs this mud season? We checked in with some experts
- Roaming snowcat food truck, renovated restaurant coming to Steamboat Ski Area