Karen DeLine: Slow down in wildlife areas
May 22, 2017
After driving over Rabbit Ears Pass this afternoon, I was compelled to write this letter. I was heartbroken after seeing a doe, which had been hit and was lying on the side of the road. Next to her were two perfectly formed, beautiful fawns that had not yet been born.
The impact from the vehicle literally ejected them from her body. The car or truck had to be going pretty fast when they hit her to do that kind of damage. I am just reminding everyone who drives in heavy wildlife areas to slow down a little bit. Be alert and pay attention. Accidents happen, but we can control our driving habits.
Trending In: Opinion
- Orthopedic surgeons partner to create new combined practice in Steamboat
- Students who threatened school shooting in Craig located by police
- Craig police, school district investigating shooting threat made on high school by two students
- Mom And Dad set to take over the Old Town Pub in Steamboat
- Steamboat business owner has issues with pot shops being stuck in west side of town