Steamboat Springs morning roundup for Wednesday, Feb. 19.
February 19, 2014
Good morning Steamboat Today readers.
• Both sides stress the idea still is in the concept phase, and the hospital-owned lot is one of at least five places the city still is seriously considering to build the police station. Lot at Pine Grove Road and Central Park Drive is latest site under consideration for new police station
• Lisa Lesyshen, the Stagecoach woman accused of murdering her 9-year-old son, Asher Lesyshen-Kirlan, is expected to enter a plea during her arraignment Thursday in Denver. Arraignment is Thursday for Lisa Lesyshen
• The purpose of the salary survey, according to county officials, is to determine if Routt is at a competitive disadvantage with other comparable markets in terms of recruiting and retaining employees. Routt County prepares to contrast its employee salaries to competing counties
• Retail sales in the Yampa Valley increased heading into the end of last year, and Yampa Valley Data Partners projects more growth is in store for 2014. Yampa Valley Data Partners projects continued retail sales growth
• At Thursday's Steamboat Springs Planning Commission meeting, department director Tyler Gibbs presented language for a potential amendment to the city's development code that would allow for greater vesting extensions by administrative approval. Steamboat Planning Commission recommends vesting extensions
Recommended Stories For You
• In addition to the already well received food-themed art show which opened at the Depot Feb. 7, this week's event will offer wine, music and movement. Steamboat Arts Council removes the partition between the visual arts and other art forms
• For years, Hayden High School boys basketball was dominant. This season isn’t one of those times, but the Tigers’ three seniors are still enjoying their final ride together. Hayden senior trio plays for the love of the game
• Three Steamboat Springs High School wrestlers battled through 4A’s toughest region to qualify for this weekend’s state tournament in Denver. 3 Sailors wrestlers looking to live out goal for gold
Steamboat to Sochi
• Taylor Fletcher paced the Americans on Tuesday in the Individual Large Hill Gundersen event, finishing 20th. Americans struggle in large hill event
• Jarryd Hughes was 17th in Tuesday’s snowboard cross event. Hughes can’t get out of quarterfinals in snowboard cross