Steamboat briefs for June 16
June 16, 2008
Steamboat man killed in house fire
A Steamboat Springs man died Sunday in an early-morning house fire at 705 Pine St., where police say he fell asleep with the stove on.
David Engle, 40, most likely died from smoke inhalation, Routt County Coroner Rob Ryg said.
“It looks like there was some stuff on the stove that got out of control, and he had fallen asleep and was overcome by carbon monoxide or smoke inhalation,” Ryg said.
The body will be sent to Jefferson County for a full autopsy, Ryg said.
Engle was alone in the house with his dog, who also died from smoke inhalation.
Golfer hits hole-in-one at Rollingstone
Linda Danter shot a hole-in-one Sunday during a couples tournament at the Rollingstone Ranch Golf Club.
Recommended Stories For You
Danter scored the one-hit wonder on the par-3 hole No. 17, which is about 152 yards.
Danter was using a Callaway 4H Hybrid club and a Callaway ball.
Horizons seeking help for Fun Fest
Horizons Specialized Services is seeking volunteers to help with its booth, “Arts For All,” during the second annual Planet Powersports/KFMU Free Family Fun Fest, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at Colorado Mountain College in Steamboat Springs. Sponsored by numerous local businesses, the Fun Fest includes children’s activities such as a giant slide, climbing wall, bouncy house and face-painting, along with costumed characters, food vendors and music.
Horizons’ booth will showcase “Arts For All” art tools, which offer individuals of all abilities an opportunity for creative expression through arts and mobility. Art tools are designed so participants with limited movement or lack of fine motor skills can be successful in using what mobility they have to create, paint, draw, print and more. Volunteers are needed to help in two- or three-hour shifts. If interested, contact Rebecca at 879-4466, ext. 111, or firstname.lastname@example.org.