Routt County Board Of County Commissioners meeting agendas for Oct. 17 and 18
October 16, 2016
Monday, Oct. 17
10:30 a.m. County manager
Tom Sullivan, county manager
11:30 a.m. Legal update
Erick Knaus, county attorney
Noon Lunch break
Recommended Stories For You
1:30 p.m. Road and bridge update
Janey Hruby, director
2:15 p.m. Clerk and recorder update
Kim Bonner, clerk
2:45 p.m. Human services update
Vickie Clark, director
3:45 p.m. Accounting
Dan Strnad, director
• Annual budget presentation
5 p.m. Meeting adjourned
Tuesday, Oct. 18
10 a.m. Call to order
A. Pledge Of Allegiance
B. Approval of accounts payable, manual warrants and payroll
C. Items of note from the previous day's work session
10:05 a.m. Legislative session recap and 2017 preview
State Rep. Diane Mitsh Bush
10:35 a.m. Consent agenda items
Items of routine and non-controversial nature are placed on the consent agenda to allow the board of commissioners to spend its time and energy on more important items on a lengthy agenda. Any commissioner may request that an item be pulled from the consent agenda and considered separately. Any member of the public may request any item to be pulled from the consent agenda.
A. Approval of county commissioners minutes: Regular meeting of Sept. 13 2016.
10:40 a.m. Consideration of items pulled from the consent agenda
10:45 a.m. Public comment
Public comment will be heard on any item except quasi-judicial land use items. County commissioners will take public comment under consideration but will not make any decision or take action at this time.
10:55 a.m. Clerk and recorder
Kim Bonner, clerk
• Approval of and authorization for the chair to sign a special events liquor license for STARS (Steamboat Adaptive Recreational Sports) to be held at The Acanthus Estate on Oct. 26, 2016 from 5 to 8 p.m.
11 a.m. Road and bridge
Janet Hruby, director
• Approval and authorization to sign the bridge grants to be submitted to CCI, Inc. for off-system bridge construction funds. We are submitting for additional funds on the Butler Creek Bridge on CR 67, as well as full construction funds for the Moon Hill Bridge on CR 56.
11:10 a.m. Communications
Karrie Littman, administrative assistant
• Consideration to approve and authorization to sign the memorandum of understanding between Routt County and the state of Colorado for the transfer of ownership of the Oak Creek radio site's digital trunking radio system.
11:20 a.m. Environmental health
Scott Cowman, director
• Consideration to approve a planning grant by and between the Colorado Water Resources and Power Development Authority, as approved by the Water Quality Division and Routt County for Phippsburg.
• Consideration for approval to waive the formal purchasing process and authorization of chairperson to sign a professional services agreement for facility improvements planning for the Phippsburg Wastewater Treatment Facility Lagoon Liner Replacement Project.
11:30 a.m. Lunch break
1 p.m. Commissioners
• Work session to discuss the county attorney's annual review. Executive session may be requested pursuant to C.R.S. 24-6-402 (4)(f) — personnel matters.
2 p.m. Accounting
Dan Strnad, director
• Annual budget presentation.
5 p.m. Meeting adjourned.
All regular meetings are open to the public unless otherwise noted. All meetings will be held in the Routt County Historic Courthouse — 522 Lincoln Ave., Hearing Room, Steamboat Springs — or as otherwise noted. All programs, services and activities of Routt County are operated in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you need a special accommodation as a result of a disability, please call the commissioners office at 970-879-0108 to assure that we can meet your needs. Please notify us of your request as soon as possible prior to the scheduled event. Routt County uses the Relay Colorado service. Dial 711 or TDD 970-870-5444.