Out & About: Hayden Huck Finn Day 2018
June 7, 2018
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS – Warm weather made for perfect fishing conditions at Dry Creek Park in Hayden on Saturday for the town’s annual Huck Finn Day.
Kids dressed up like some of Mark Twain's famous characters while trying their hand at fishing thanks to the Hayden Parks and Recreation board, Town of Hayden and Colorado Fish and Wildlife.
Uriah Mendisco won the Best Huck Finn Award for his costume.
Recreation coordinator Tammie Delaney said Dry Creek Park pond was stocked with fish for the fishing derby.
“This is a fantastic way for families to spend the morning enjoying each other and learning about fishing,” Delaney said. “I had several families who stated this was the first time they had ever fished.”
Fishing Derby results:
Recommended Stories For You
- Most fish caught (boys): Wil Ward with five fish
- Biggest fish (boys): Kennan French
- Biggest fish (girls): Hadassah Ward
- Most fish caught (girls): Abigail Ketchall with four fish
- First fish caught: Riley Ketchall
- Second most fish caught (girls): Ariana Ward with three fish
“Huck-It” Cornhole Tournament results:
- First-place: "Winners,” Rob and Stanley
- Second-place: "Average Joe's,” Joe Vasquez and Jesse Jackson
- Third-place: "Craig Fire & Rescue,” Ryan Hampton and Troy Hampton
- Fourth-place: "Random Bags," Josh Webster and Travis Vasquez