Shirl Joseph Prewitt
August 25, 2017
March 19, 1938- Aug. 23, 2017
Shirl Joseph Prewitt, 79 of Panama City Beach, passed away Aug. 23, 2017, at his home. Shirl was born in LaVeta, Colorado to Shirley and Mary (Krankota) Prewitt and spent most of his childhood in Hayden. Shirl is retired from the United States Merchant Marine, where he was employed as a radio officer for 30 years. He continued his love of radio after his retirement, and most people would recognize his call letters as W0TUT.
Shirl is survived by his wife, Alexandrina; his daughter, Sheila Prewitt and his son, David Nogueira all of Panama City Beach. Funeral services will be held privately in Colorado. Kent-Forest Lawn Funeral Home is assisting the family with arrangements.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Spring runoff 2018 in Steamboat Springs defies the odds
- JetBlue adds 3 new destinations to Steamboat’s winter flight schedule
- Arrest made in downtown Steamboat business burglary
- What trails are open around Steamboat Springs this mud season? We checked in with some experts
- Roaming snowcat food truck, renovated restaurant coming to Steamboat Ski Area