Obituary: Maria Smith
March 21, 2018
April 19 1930 – March 18, 2018
Maria was born in Germany on April 19 1930. She married an American soldier in the early 1950’s. They had one daughter Marga. Later they moved to America and lived on many different Army bases around the U.S. and finally settled in Steamboat Springs. Maria was the head house keeper for the Harbor Hotel for 33 years. She fished with her friends in her spare time. She retired in 1997, and moved in with her daughter in Grand Jct. There she spent her time gardening, visiting with friends and family, and enjoying her dogs. She was preceded in death by her husband Laurence Smith and granddaughter Amanda Rauch. She is survived by her only daughter Marga (Buck)Rauch, grandson Bucky of Grand Jct. and grandson Jessie (Emily)of Denver. There will be a gathering in her honor at Marga’s home this summer. Maria will be buried in the Yampa cemetery.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Spring runoff 2018 in Steamboat Springs defies the odds
- Arrest made in downtown Steamboat business burglary
- Assault at restaurant: The Record for Saturday, April 21, 2018
- Remember when naked foxes roamed Steamboat?
- What trails are open around Steamboat Springs this mud season? We checked in with some experts