Obituary: Donald Eakins
February 19, 2018
October 29, 1922 — February 4, 2018
Loving father and grandfather, compassionate dentist, avid fisherman, and WWII veteran, Dr. Donald Eakins passed away in Grand Junction, Colorado at 95 years old. His wife of 65 years, Edwina "June" (Klippert), passed before him in 2007. He is survived by sons John (Kristin Hjelle) and Mark (Wanda), and four grandchildren: Loren, Shaula, Ryan and Rachel Eakins. Comments and more on Don's life can be found at brownscremationservice.com. Service to be held at Grand Junction Veteran's Memorial Cemetery: commencing Friday, February 23rd at 1:00pm, with reception at First Presbyterian Church to follow. His family will always remember his humor, generosity, and constant love.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Arrest made in downtown Steamboat business burglary
- Spring runoff 2018 in Steamboat Springs defies the odds
- Assault at restaurant: The Record for Saturday, April 21, 2018
- Remember when naked foxes roamed Steamboat?
- What trails are open around Steamboat Springs this mud season? We checked in with some experts