Obituary: Alice Peavy Blasingame
July 13, 2018
May 22, 1923 – June 20, 2018
Alice Peavy Blasingame, born May 22, 1923 left her place on earth on June 20, 2018, 95 years of living life to the fullest. Born north of Steamboat Springs on Deep Creek, to Laurence Peavy and Evelyn Ellis Peavy. The oldest of four girls. Alice graduated from Laramie High School and proceeded to Stephens College in Columbia, Missouri where she graduated. She met Jack Blasingame and they married in October 1943.
They bought a ranch south of Ramah, Colorado, where they raised five kids, Tommy, Bonny, Jimmy, Dugan, and Nancy.
Alice carried the mail route in Ramah for 26 years, driving 102 miles everyday.
She was preceded in death by her husband Jack Blasingame, her parents, and her two sisters Jan Easton and Laura Graham.
Alice is survived by her children Tommy (Kathie) Blasingame, Bonny Blasingame, Jimmy Blansingame, Dugan (Cindy) Blasingame, and Nancy (John) Shaw. She is also survived by 11 grandkids and 13 great grandkids and one sister Jo Semotan.
Trending In: Obituaries
- New Silver Creek Fire burning in Routt National Forest
- Anger, disappointment and shock after mural vandalized in downtown Steamboat Springs
- Pot shop sues city of Steamboat after relocation application denied
- Tom Ross: Steamboat Whistle publication provides glimpse of summer tourism in the 1960s
- Driver in fatal US 40 crash sentenced to 18 years in prison