Kenneth A. Eck
July 20, 2017
Kenneth A. Eck
Dec. 28, 1947 – July 14, 2017
Kenneth Albert Eck, 69, of Loveland, passed away peacefully on Friday, July 14, 2017, surrounded by family. He was born in Chicago in 1947. He was a graduate of Calumet High School. In 1968, Ken was drafted into the United States Army. He served as an engineer during the Vietnam War until he was wounded. Ken was a Purple Heart recipient.
Upon returning from Vietnam, Ken decided to leave Chicago for a life on the West Coast, but he never made it past Steamboat Springs. Kenneth lived in Steamboat Springs for more than 40 years, where he was an avid skier, outdoorsman and loving father to his son, Russell. He was also a member of the 969 local electrical workers union, where he was a lineman and operator for many years.
In 2013, Ken relocated to Loveland to be closer to his son, daughter-in-law and four grandchildren. Ken was excellent at playing guitar and loved being near his grandchildren.
Ken is survived by his son and daughter-in-law, Russell and Misty Eck; grandchildren Cora, Kinley, Sophie and Russell Jr.; his sister Karen; and brothers Chuck and Dave; as well as many nieces and nephews.
A Celebration of Life will take place in the fall in Steamboat Springs. Date is to be determined. Visit viegutfuneralhome.com for on-line condolences.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Steamboat woman turns over custody of embattled husky Sitka
- Up to 10 inches possible from Sunday storm, temperatures expected to rise before next storm hits Steamboat
- Parents want to keep Steamboat pot shop away from dojo
- Oak Creek police officer uses opiate overdose training to save man’s life
- Take a look at the Bear River Bar and Grill renovation plans at Steamboat Ski Area