Obituary: Joseph M. Rapp
February 24, 2018
January 12, 1928 – February 19, 2018
Joseph M. Rapp, 90, passed away peacefully at his home on February 19. He was surrounded by his loving wife Jackie; and sons Tom and Jim and daughter Betsy, all of Steamboat Springs; and Christine Arbogast of Centennial. He is also survived by three grandsons, Ryan, Brady and Simon; two great grandchildren and numerous nieces and nephews.
Joe was born and raised in Syracuse, Indiana, and graduated from Ball State University after serving his country in the U.S. Navy and Air Force. He moved to Denver in 1950 and taught in Denver Public Schools. Joe and Jackie were married in 1971. Joe spent several years as an investment banker before he and Jackie moved to Steamboat Springs, where he was a substitute teacher and high school track coach. He and Jackie returned to Denver in 1997, and continued enjoying their life together.
Private services and interment will be at Fort Logan National Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, please contribute in Joe’s honor to Rocky Mountain Honor Flight, online at rockymountainhonorflight.org, or send to Rocky Mountain Honor Flight, 1201 Williams, #18A, Denver, Colorado 80218.
Trending In: Obituaries
- ‘Antler Man’ displays collection in Oak Creek
- Steamboat school district cost of living ranks 4th highest in Colorado
- Man arrested after bizarre motorcycle crash in Routt County
- Authorities release identity of Parks and Wildlife employee who drowned in Steamboat Lake
- Yampa river closures affect fishing in Steamboat