John Joseph Hatch, Jr.
January 9, 2018
August 1, 1950 – October 5, 2017
Friends and family across the country are celebrating the life and mourning the death of a very special man, John Joseph Hatch, Jr. of Camp Hill, PA and Steamboat Springs CO who passed away October 5, 2017. John was a powerfully good man; a wise and supportive friend and companion, a natural athlete; full of fun and always ready for adventure.
He was born August 1, 1950, in Norristown, PA to the late John and Peg (McGrath) Hatch. He worked for Reynolds and Reynolds; then owned and managed real estate and was a ski instructor at Roundtop Mountain and Steamboat Springs in the second half of his career.
He is survived by his brother, Patrick (wife Hyon) Hatch, sisters Barbara (husband Dan) Murnane, Ellie (husband Jay) Hashmall, and Kate (husband Dave) Poust. His nieces, nephews, cousins, and many amazing dear friends provided extraordinary care, comfort and fun during John's illness.
John's family invites his friends to join them in remembrance and a celebration of his life on Sunday, January 14 from 4 to 6 p.m. at The Grand in Steamboat.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Catholic Relief Services, or the Greg and Cathy Griffith Foundation (for Pancreatic Cancer Research).
To sign the guestbook, please visit http://www.HoffmanFH.com.
Trending In: Obituaries
- New Silver Creek Fire burning in Routt National Forest
- Two fires ignite north and south of Steamboat late Sunday afternoon
- Tom Ross: Steamboat Whistle publication provides glimpse of summer tourism in the 1960s
- Pot shop sues city of Steamboat after relocation application denied
- Routt County real estate transactions for July 13 to 19, 2018