June 29, 2017
February 23, 1928 – June 17, 2017
Marking the end of a special era in Steamboat Springs, Jimmy Billys, AKA, Gaffer, 89, passed away Saturday, June 17, 2017, following a brief illness.
Jimmy became a local legend helping many young people find work, lodging, hot meals and even small loans. Jimmy’s generous deeds, kind words, friendly smile and contagious chuckle endeared many friends and relatives, and instilled a sense of community in his staff at the Cantina Restaurant for decades.
A celebration of life will be held from 2 to 5 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 9, 2017 in the Steamboat Grand Hotel Ballroom.
Trending In: Obituaries
- New Silver Creek Fire burning in Routt National Forest
- Anger, disappointment and shock after mural vandalized in downtown Steamboat Springs
- Pot shop sues city of Steamboat after relocation application denied
- Tom Ross: Steamboat Whistle publication provides glimpse of summer tourism in the 1960s
- Driver in fatal US 40 crash sentenced to 18 years in prison