June 29, 2017
February 23, 1928 – June 17, 2017
Marking the end of a special era in Steamboat Springs, Jimmy Billys, AKA, Gaffer, 89, passed away Saturday, June 17, 2017, following a brief illness.
Jimmy became a local legend helping many young people find work, lodging, hot meals and even small loans. Jimmy’s generous deeds, kind words, friendly smile and contagious chuckle endeared many friends and relatives, and instilled a sense of community in his staff at the Cantina Restaurant for decades.
A celebration of life will be held from 2 to 5 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 9, 2017 in the Steamboat Grand Hotel Ballroom.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Steamboat boy battles kidney cancer
- Students who threatened school shooting in Craig located by police
- Spring Creek at a tipping point? Some worry about more cycling traffic coming off of Buffalo Pass
- Arnold brother surprised, thankful, after Steamboat rallies to save his family’s barn
- Flourishing or floundering? Bald eagle population recovery celebrated, but another threat remains