Glenn Charles Mowery
May 28, 2017
Glenn Charles Mowery was born in Oak Creek, Colorado on June 13, 1936 to Max Mowery and Phyllis (Lambert) Mowery, and passed away in Denver, Colorado on February 14, 2017 at age 80.
Born from a family of French immigrants who found their way to Oak Creek, Colorado, aka, “The Promised Land”, who came by way of wagon train following their husbands who were already here mining in the US.
He was a native Coloradan who along with his brother Wayne, sisters Shirley, Betty and Joann became first generation born Americans.
Glenn Sr. is survived by his children, Glenn C. Mowery, Jr. and his wife Mary, Shawndra Hartman and her husband Steve, Richard Richmond and his wife Michelle, Glenda Rose Mowery and the late Eric Lambertsen.
Glenn is also survived by his sisters, Joann(Ernie, dec.) Lombardi and Betty Deane, brother Wayne Buntin and his wife Janice; grandchildren JR Lambertsen, Krystle Lambertsen Cutler, Nychole Chamberlin, Cassidy Lansford, Dylan Benharris, Rebecca Mowery and Zeelyn Richmond, great-grandson Jacob Chase, and daughter-in-law, Debbie Lambertsen. He was preceded in death by his sister, Shirley Alvarez.
The Graveside Service will be held on Sunday, September 3, 2017 at the Oak Creek Cemetery, 12PM.
In lieu of flowers, the family suggests memorial contributions be made to the Oak Creek Historical Society, P.O. Box 1, Oak Creek, Colorado 80467.
Please read Glenn C. Mowery, Sr. obituary at HoranCares.com, or follow this link:
Trending In: Obituaries
- Alterra reveals cost of new Ikon Pass, offering drop in price for Steamboat season pass holders
- ALS will take Tim Fletcher’s life, but he won’t let it take one more chance to cheer on his Steamboat Springs Olympic sons
- Routt County Sheriff Garrett Wiggins prevails in lawsuit
- 3 Routt County deputies hurt during incident with inmate
- Our view: It’s time for Baumgardner to resign