Colleen Bamford Frithsen
July 28, 2017
Nov. 25, 1935 – July 16, 2017
Colleen Bamford Frithsen passed away peacefully in her sleep at her residence in Walpole, New Hampshire. Mrs. Frithsen was born in Perth, Scotland, and later moved to Rockport, Massachusetts, where she met her beloved husband, the late Eugene Frithsen.
Colleen was a teacher in the Swampscott and Rockport school systems and enjoyed biking, swimming, walking, and adventures of all kinds. Colleen loved spending time with her family in Steamboat Springs, and would often bike and walk on the Yampa River Core Trail.
She is survived by sons: Ivar Frithsen and his wife, Emily, of Walpole, New Hampshire; and Craig Frithsen and his wife, Jenny, of Steamboat Springs; grandchildren Ruby, Ben, Connor and Angus Frithsen; and her brother, Eric Bamford, and his wife, Veronica, of London, England.
A memorial celebration will be held at 6 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 3, at the Frithsen home, 1147 Pine Street in Steamboat Springs.
Trending In: Obituaries
- College student recovers after getting bitten by rattlesnake near Steamboat
- Anger, disappointment and shock after mural vandalized in downtown Steamboat Springs
- Man who unintentionally fired bullet during Steamboat baseball game is a Wyoming police officer
- Yampa River flows on the rise due to reservoir releases above Steamboat
- Steamboat City Council seeks to place 5 percent tax on marijuana before voters