Norman Olsen Jr.
May 4, 2017
Norman Olsen Jr. was born to Norman and Eleanor Olsen in Chicago, Illinois on July 12, 1927. Norman loved swimming and boating, which prompted him to graduate high school early to join the Navy, with World War II ending just as he joined the fleet. He was later called back to active duty from the reserves for Korea and served until he was honorably discharged. When he returned home, Norm met Bee (Bertha) Petit at the lake, and they were later married. They were blessed with 51 years of marriage. Norm was a union carpenter for 20 years. Hunting and skiing would call him to Colorado where he owned and operated two motels in Steamboat Springs in the '70's and '80's. Retirement moved Norm and his wife to Craig where he golfed, fished and enjoyed family life. He is survived by his sister Mary Francis Hubner of Margate, FL; Children Norman (Jami) Olsen III of Champaign, IL, Nancy (Jan) Kaminski of Steamboat Springs, CO, Daniel Olsen of Craig, CO and Louis (Denise) Olsen of Eugene, OR. Norm was preceded in death by his brother Peter Olsen and sister Janice Thorne. Memorial donations may be made to Horizons in care of Grant Mortuary.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Spring runoff 2018 in Steamboat Springs defies the odds
- Arrest made in downtown Steamboat business burglary
- What trails are open around Steamboat Springs this mud season? We checked in with some experts
- JetBlue adds 3 new destinations to Steamboat’s winter flight schedule
- Roaming snowcat food truck, renovated restaurant coming to Steamboat Ski Area