Gwen Geddes Nielson Seely
February 14, 2017
Gwen Geddes Nielson Seely,99, passed away on February 10, 2017 at her home in Moab.
Gwen was born April 16, 1917 in Preston, Idaho to Hyrum Carl Nielson and Willamena Martha Geddes Nielson. Gwen married Lowry Singleton Seely on December 21, 1937. She was very involved with the LDS church and community concerts, Republican Party and the Ladies Recreation Club. She loved spending her time attending the temple , family home evenings, DUP, church meetings, visiting teaching, teaching valuable lessons to her grand, great- grand, and great- great- grandchildren.
She is survived by a daughter Sonja (Hardy) Redd 2 sons David Ray (Shirley) Seely and Lowry Geddes Seely14 grandchildren, 45 great-grandchildren and 18 great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband Lowry in 2008, a daughter –in-law Anna Mae, a grandchild Benjamin and a great grandchild Emilio Trevizo.
Funeral Services were held Monday February 13, 2017 at 10:00 am at the Moab LDS Stake center. Burial followed at the Castle Dale City Cemetery.
You may send condolences to the family at http://www.SpanishVallleyMortuary.com
Trending In: Obituaries
- Flourishing or floundering? Bald eagle population recovery celebrated, but another threat remains
- New development plans submitted for 655 Yampa St.
- Steamboat boy battles kidney cancer
- Spring Creek at a tipping point? Some worry about more cycling traffic coming off of Buffalo Pass
- Routt County real estate transactions: April 13 to 19, 2018