Frances Janet Selk
October 22, 2016
Frances Janet Selk passed away on October 17, 2016, at the Doak Walker Care Center in Steamboat Springs, Colorado. Janet was born March 16, 1927, to Edward and Rosie Miles and was one of five children who grew up on her parents' ranch in the Yampa Valley area. She graduated from Oak Creek High School in May of 1946. Janet married Albert Selk in August of that year and they moved to Steamboat Springs. Preceding Janet in death were her husband Albert, her sister Lorene Workman and her brothers Elvin, Gordon and Ray Miles. Janet leaves behind her daughter Kay and son-in-law Kent Crowder as well as many nieces, nephews, other family members and dear friends. A memorial service will be held on Saturday, October 29, 2016, at 11:00 at the North Park Community Church in Walden, Colorado. The family extends a special thank you for the kindness and care given to Janet by the Doak Walker Care Center staff.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Arrest made in downtown Steamboat business burglary
- Assault at restaurant: The Record for Saturday, April 21, 2018
- Remember when naked foxes roamed Steamboat?
- Spring runoff 2018 in Steamboat Springs defies the odds
- New investigation concludes Sen. Baumgardner created offensive work environment at Capitol