Carolyn Doremus Knipher Bagley
April 21, 2016
Carolyn Doremus Knipher Bagley, 92, passed away on Sunday, April 17, 2016 at her residence in Bedford, VA. She was born on April 7, 1924 in Montclair, NJ. In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by her husband, Leon Bagley and one brother, "Fred" Knipher. Carolyn is a past member of St. Paul's Episcopal in Steamboat Springs, CO and currently of St. John's Episcopal Church in Bedford. She was a member of "DOK" Daughters of the King. She served our country in the United States Navy during WWII as a Pharmacist's Mate, 1st Class. She loved both water and snow skiing, quilting, and spending time reading. She dearly loved her pet dachshunds. Carolyn is survived by her two children, Carolyn "Beth" Elizabeth Bagley and Mark Leon Bagley and his wife, Myra Lynne who all live together in a home in Bedford, VA. She lived with Beth in Steamboat for 5 years and volunteered at the Tread of Pioneers Museum. A celebration of Carolyn's life was conducted on Thursday, April 21, 2016 at St. John's Episcopal Church in Bedford. Burial will be on April 23, at a graveside service next to her husband in Arkansas. To send condolences online please visit tharpfuneralhome.com.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Spring runoff 2018 in Steamboat Springs defies the odds
- Arrest made in downtown Steamboat business burglary
- Assault at restaurant: The Record for Saturday, April 21, 2018
- What trails are open around Steamboat Springs this mud season? We checked in with some experts
- Remember when naked foxes roamed Steamboat?