Martha Holm Roth
March 22, 2016
Martha Holm Roth "Moose" died in Carbondale CO. January 8th at the age of 76. Oldest of seven siblings, she is survived by her sister Linda and still out skied by her derelict sons, Damon and Marshall Roth. Her stepdaughters Keta Roth and Elizabeth Thanum weren't as much trouble. Marty was most fond of moving to Sugarbush Vermont in '62 for a stint as a ski bum. Over time, that led her to 20 years in Steamboat Springs, CO. 15 of those years working in the marketing department at the Steamboat Ski Co. Then on to NYC, Park City, Aspen, KC and then back to Colorado.
Skiing was Marty's passion. "I'm an eagle" could be heard as she shushed down the slopes. Skiing was a big part of her life and her families' life. So if you hear hoots and hollers of "I'm an eagle" on Mt Werner in Steamboat the weekend of March 26th, it's her BIind Pig Gang celebrating Marty's life!
Trending In: Obituaries
- Flourishing or floundering? Bald eagle population recovery celebrated, but another threat remains
- New development plans submitted for 655 Yampa St.
- Steamboat boy battles kidney cancer
- Spring Creek at a tipping point? Some worry about more cycling traffic coming off of Buffalo Pass
- Routt County real estate transactions: April 13 to 19, 2018