March 17, 2016
Shelly Bennett passed away peacefully on Sunday, March 13, 2016, in Grand Junction, Colo., following a brief illness. She was 69.
Shelly was born in Grand Junction on November 12, 1946, to William and Margaret Hardin and spent her childhood years there, where she graduated from Grand Junction High School in 1964 followed by classes at Mesa Junior College.
On August 27, 1965, she married Gary L. Bennett, also of Grand Junction. They moved to Steamboat Springs in 1980. There, Shelly worked at a local bank and Colorado Mountain College before accepting the office manager position for a dental practice. Their sons, Brian and Matthew, both attended school in Steamboat Springs and now live in Grand Junction.
In 1996, Shelly and her husband moved to the property they owned on Log Hill Mesa in northern Ouray County and that has remained their home since.
Services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday, March 19, 2016, at St. Paul's Episcopal Church, 2900 Sunnyside Road, Montrose, CO, followed by a reception at the church hall.
In lieu of flowers, the family has asked that contributions be made to Hope West, the hospice and palliative care organization serving the Grand Junction/Montrose/Ouray area, at 3090 North 12th Street, Unit B, Grand Junction, CO 81506.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Orthopedic surgeons partner to create new combined practice in Steamboat
- Students who threatened school shooting in Craig located by police
- Craig police, school district investigating shooting threat made on high school by two students
- Mom And Dad set to take over the Old Town Pub in Steamboat
- Steamboat business owner has issues with pot shops being stuck in west side of town