March 7, 2016
Joy Sexton of Steamboat Springs, Colorado, made her most anticipated journey into eternal life on the evening of February 12, 2016. She was being cared for by family members in Idaho Falls, Idaho at the time of her death. She was 79 years old.
Joy was born in Niles, Michigan to LeRoy and Frances (Warman) Holston. Joy married Ramon Sexton on November 8, 1954. Together they raised four children: Lori (Danny) Thompson, Steve Sexton, and Jeff (Sharon) Sexton, all of Steamboat Springs and Tim (Cathy) Sexton of Idaho Falls, Idaho.
Joy is survived by her children and their spouses, fifteen grandchildren, fifteen great-grandchildren, two sisters-in-law, one brother-in-law, many nieces and nephews, and her beloved Shih Tzu puppies. She was preceded in death by her parents, her husband, her mother- and father-in-law, and numerous canine companions.
Burial will be in Ogden, Utah.
A memorial service will be held at Steamboat Christian Center at 6:30 p.m. March 10.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Orthopedic surgeons partner to create new combined practice in Steamboat
- Craig police, school district investigating shooting threat made on high school by two students
- Routt County treasurer withholding tax money from Steamboat after tax error discovered
- Steamboat business owner has issues with pot shops being stuck in west side of town
- Former Steamboat teacher suspected of burglarizing bike shop