LaVern George Glawe, Jr.
November 6, 2015
LaVern "Vern" Glawe of Oak Creek, CO passed away Tuesday, October 27, 2015 at the age of 61 surrounded by family.
Born to Elnor (Baker) and LaVern G. Glawe, Sr., he was raised in Webster City, IA. Vern moved to the Yampa Valley in 1979 when he was offered a position at the Hayden Sta¬tion power plant, which is where he worked as a welder and machinist for over 30 years. In 1981 he married Doris Andes and had three daughters. He was an avid outdoorsman and gifted metal smith and woodworker, but above all, he was a devoted husband and loving father as the quintessential family man. He is predeceased by his mother, Elnor Glawe, his father, LaVern G. Glawe, Sr., his sister, Linda Minard, and his wife, Doris Glawe. He is greatly missed and survived by his sister Laura Weisberg, and his daughters, Kristina (Sean Doran – fiancé) Glawe, Alexandra (Lawrence) Brewster, and Jamie Glawe.
Private services for the family will be held at a later date. In lieu of flowers, donations can be made in Vern's name to Hospice (940 Central Park Drive, Suite 101, Steamboat Springs, CO 80487). Cards can be sent to Kristi Glawe at P.O. Box 770796, Steamboat Springs, CO 80477.
Trending In: Obituaries
- New Silver Creek Fire burning in Routt National Forest
- Anger, disappointment and shock after mural vandalized in downtown Steamboat Springs
- Pot shop sues city of Steamboat after relocation application denied
- Tom Ross: Steamboat Whistle publication provides glimpse of summer tourism in the 1960s
- Driver in fatal US 40 crash sentenced to 18 years in prison