Eda B. Carter
July 29, 2015
Mrs. Eda B. Carter, a lifelong resident of Craig, died on Sat., July 18, 2015, at her home in Craig, Colorado surrounded by her family. She was 87.
She was born on Sept. 27, 1928 in Denver, Colorado, the daughter of Arthur G. and Ethel B. (Durham) Woodbury. She lived in Craig nearly all her life.
She married Guy L. Carter on June 25, 1950 in Craig and spent her life working at Shepherd and Sons, and at the Moffat County Treasurer's Office, retiring in 1992 after 20 years of service.
She was a member of the Congregational Church in Craig, and also belonged to the PEO.
Revered Lee Burg officiated over the services for Mrs. Carter on Saturday, July 25, 2015, 10:30 a.m. at the Congregational Church in Craig. Mrs. Elaine Deupree performed the music, along with various songs picked by family members. A picture show was presented, celebrating Mrs. Carter's life. The pallbearers were Darrell Slaight, Blake Copeland, Josh Slaight, Ron Short, William Booker and Seth Peters.
Mrs. Carter was preceded in death by her parents, her husband, two sisters and a great-grandson.
She is survived by her son, Keith Carter (Donna) and her daughter, Cindy Slaight (Darrell) both of Craig, three grandchildren and seven great-grandchildren.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Steamboat boy battles kidney cancer
- Students who threatened school shooting in Craig located by police
- Spring Creek at a tipping point? Some worry about more cycling traffic coming off of Buffalo Pass
- Arnold brother surprised, thankful, after Steamboat rallies to save his family’s barn
- Mom And Dad set to take over the Old Town Pub in Steamboat