William Carey Yowell
July 21, 2015
William "Bill" Carey Yowell, Jr. passed away peacefully with family by his side on July 15, 2015. He was born in Gordonsville, VA in 1926 to William Carey Yowell, Sr. and Lucy Lacy Yowell. He was predeceased by his wife Betty Gill Yowell, and is survived by his brothers, Beverly C. Yowell (Jeannine) and George L. Yowell (Norene), four children, Ann Y. Key (Gray), Carolyn Y. Crosby (Andy), Elizabeth C. Howell (Jay) and William C. Yowell, III (Kim), twelve grandchildren and four great grandchildren.
Bill was known for his optimistic and outgoing nature and was always up for an adventure. He was an avid skier, having skied all over the world, but was never happier than in his beloved Steamboat Springs, Colorado. He has passed his passion for skiing down to his children and grandchildren. Bill's other passions included golf, snowmobiling, hunting, ice fishing, scuba diving and making his Saturday morning treks to find the best yard sales.
A memorial service to celebrate Bill's life is being held in McLean, VA on July 21st. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in memory of William C. Yowell, Jr. to The Salvation Army – National Capital Area Command, 2626 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20037.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Flourishing or floundering? Bald eagle population recovery celebrated, but another threat remains
- New development plans submitted for 655 Yampa St.
- Steamboat boy battles kidney cancer
- Spring Creek at a tipping point? Some worry about more cycling traffic coming off of Buffalo Pass
- Routt County real estate transactions: April 13 to 19, 2018