Katherine Sue Hightower Augustine
July 4, 2015
Born in Hopkinsville Kentucky. Kathy married her sweetheart Michael at the age of 17, they were married for 40 years. Kathy was a mother of 2 sons and a foster parent in Craig, where they moved in 1988, to many others. She worked as a deaf interpreter and teacher's aide as well. She was diagnosed with MS in 1999. She moved to Paonia CO in 2001 with her husband and youngest son. Kathy spent her final years in the competent hands of Paonia Care Center. Preceded by mother Frances Argo Hightower. Survived by husband Michael B. Augustine, sons – Nicholas O. and Orion J. Augustine. Father, Billy (Brenda) Hightower. Sisters, Donna Garrett and Beth Peramore. Nieces, Darah and Danielle. Memorial Services held at Callahan – Edfast in Grand Junction on Friday, July 10th from 1 -2 p.m.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Flourishing or floundering? Bald eagle population recovery celebrated, but another threat remains
- New development plans submitted for 655 Yampa St.
- Steamboat boy battles kidney cancer
- Spring Creek at a tipping point? Some worry about more cycling traffic coming off of Buffalo Pass
- Routt County real estate transactions: April 13 to 19, 2018