December 14, 2014
April 17, 1952 – December 5, 2014
Former long time resident, Karen Atkins, 62 of Celebration, Florida passed away on December 5, 2014. She was born in Los Angles, California on April 17, 1952. Karen graduated from Westchester High school and received her B.S. from the University of California Long Beach and her Ph.D. from Nova Southeastern University. She was married to James S. Atkins Jr. on June 27, 1999. Karen had a career in Physical Therapy at Florida Ear and Balance Center and was one of the first certified female athletic trainers. She had a passion for travel and family activities. She is survived by her Children, Mathew Elkins, Kathryn Elkins, Hilary Hastings, Loren Elkins and James Hastings. Her grandchildren, Nolan Elkins, Landon Elkins, Alexandra Atkins, Chadwick Evans, Hammond Atkins and her sister Deborah Reischel Cree. She is also survived by her father Donall Reischel and Aunt Dorothy Reischel. She will be dearly missed by many.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Arrest made in downtown Steamboat business burglary
- Spring runoff 2018 in Steamboat Springs defies the odds
- Assault at restaurant: The Record for Saturday, April 21, 2018
- Remember when naked foxes roamed Steamboat?
- What trails are open around Steamboat Springs this mud season? We checked in with some experts