Glenn Sheridan Wallace
June 19, 2013
Former Craig resident, Glenn Sheridan Wallace, 94, of rural Lindsborg, Kan., passed away peacefully Monday, June 3, 2013, at Memorial Hospital in McPherson, Kan.
Glenn was born April 13, 1919, in Augusta, Kan., to Clarence and Muriel (Gilliand) Wallace. He was raised in Kansas and moved to Craig in the mid-1960s. Glenn served in World War II with the U.S. Army's 67th Armored Regiment. He was united in marriage to Mona R. Artas in Spokane, Wash., on Jan. 1, 1954.
Survivors include his wife, Mona, of the home; sons Ward Wallace and David Wallace, both of Craig; daughters Laura Henderson and Glenda Taylor (John), of rural Lindsborg; nine grandchildren; and 12 great grandchildren.
Glenn was preceded in death by his parents, Clarence and Muriel Wallace, and his brother, John Wallace.
A private graveside service was held at McPherson Cemetery in McPherson, Kan., on June 6, 2013, with the Rev. Charles Whitacre, of McPherson Church of the Brethren, officiating.
Memorials are suggested to The Salvation Army, in care of Glidden-Ediger Funeral Home, 222 West Euclid, McPherson, KS 67460.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Flourishing or floundering? Bald eagle population recovery celebrated, but another threat remains
- New development plans submitted for 655 Yampa St.
- Steamboat boy battles kidney cancer
- Spring Creek at a tipping point? Some worry about more cycling traffic coming off of Buffalo Pass
- Routt County real estate transactions: April 13 to 19, 2018