December 22, 2012
Luke Studer, 63, passed away peacefully in his home surrounded by family. He was a longtime Routt County resident, growing up on his family's cattle ranch in North Routt. Luke graduated from the University of Colorado Boulder with a degree in architectural engineering. He met his wife, Janet, when both were attending CU. They married shortly after Janet's graduation and, three years later, moved from Boulder to the family ranch in Steamboat.
In addition to managing the family's cattle ranch, Luke established Studer Engineering in the early 1980s. His dedication to his clients and Steamboat always will remain a part of this community. Luke was a devoted husband and a loving father to his daughter, Emily.
Luke is survived by his brothers Phil, Kim and Chris Studer and his sister Susan Pelz. He was preceded in death by his parents, Keith and Beulah Studer, and his sister Sally Kersteins. He also is survived by an extended family and many loving friends.
A celebration of life will be held in the spring. In lieu of flowers, please make memorial donations in Luke's name to Big Brothers Big Sisters, 230 N. 13th St. Philadelphia, PA 19107-1538.
Please send notes of condolence to Janet and Emily Studer, P.O. Box 774504, Steamboat Springs, CO 80477.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Orthopedic surgeons partner to create new combined practice in Steamboat
- Former Steamboat teacher suspected of burglarizing bike shop
- Storm creates white-out conditions on Rabbit Ears Pass
- Routt County treasurer withholding tax money from Steamboat after tax error discovered
- Steamboat business owner has issues with pot shops being stuck in west side of town