Michael G. Darland
December 12, 2012
Mike Darland 64 passed away Tuesday, Dec. 4, 2012. Born June 3, 1948, he lived a full and happy life.
He is preceded in death by his parents.
Mike is survived by his daughter, Katharine Darland, of Golden; his sister, Julie Darland Benefiel (Don), of Craig; and his devoted Husky "ROO". He is also survived by his niece, Janel Long (Russ and their children Cole, Carson and Garret), his nephew Joel Heinschel (Jennifer and their children Colette and Kies), Aunt Ginny (Virginia) Parker, of Tigard, Ore., several loving cousins, and many wonderful friends world-wide.
Mike was an adventurer at heart. He enjoyed the challenge of working different jobs around the world as an electrical engineer and computer specialist.
He looked forward to riding his motorcycle with his friends, working on remodeling projects at home, flying planes, skiing, diving and dreamed of sailing the tropical islands. He was happiest when he could spend time with his daughter and with his dog.
Mike was never without an amazing story about his world travels. He made many friends where ever he was. He was intelligent, had a great sense of humor and loved the outdoors, fishing and camping. He was greatly loved and will be missed by all.
Memorial donations may be made to: Pleasant View Fire Department 955 Moss Street Golden, CO, 80401.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Orthopedic surgeons partner to create new combined practice in Steamboat
- Students who threatened school shooting in Craig located by police
- Craig police, school district investigating shooting threat made on high school by two students
- Mom And Dad set to take over the Old Town Pub in Steamboat
- Steamboat business owner has issues with pot shops being stuck in west side of town