December 8, 2012
Former Steamboat Springs resident Ken Martin passed away Nov. 17, 2012, in Yorktown, Va., from melanoma. Born in Los Angeles, Ken was 59. He lived in Steamboat Springs for more than 20 years as a custom homebuilder and in commercial construction.
Ken left Steamboat in 2009 to enjoy retirement and sail along the East Coast and Caribbean with his fiancee, Linda Dobson. In addition, Ken is survived by his three sons, Daniel, Kevin (Gainesville, Fla.) and David (Fort Collins), all in their 20s; four brothers, Steve (Vancouver, Wash.), Larry (Seattle), Karl (Delta) and Randy (Castle Rock); and his mother, Genevieve (Castle Rock).
Ken always was active and mechanically gifted. The fruits of his work are visible throughout Steamboat Springs. The family tentatively is planning a memorial and celebration of his life sometime in January in Colorado. For those interested in attending, please email his son Daniel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In lieu of flowers, the family has requested donations to one of the following organizations:
■ Gloucester Mathews Free Clinic, 2276 George Washington Highway, Hayes, VA 23072; 804-642-9515; or http://www.gmfreeclinic.com/donate.html
■ Bon Secours Home Care & Hospice, 716 Denbigh Blvd., Suite B2, Newport News, VA 23602; or http://www.bsvaf.org/sslpage.aspx?pid=337.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Orthopedic surgeons partner to create new combined practice in Steamboat
- Craig police, school district investigating shooting threat made on high school by two students
- Students who threatened school shooting in Craig located by police
- Mom And Dad set to take over the Old Town Pub in Steamboat
- Steamboat business owner has issues with pot shops being stuck in west side of town