Healthy eating: Raw brownies
March 11, 2018
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup dates
- 5 tablespoons raw cacao (cocoa) powder
- 4 tablespoons shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 tablespoons honey or agave nectar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1. Place pecans alone in your food processor and process until the pecans become small and crumbly.
2. Add dates to the raw brownie recipe and process again until the mixture sticks together and the dates are well processed.
3. Add the remaining ingredients and process again until the mixture turns a lovely dark chocolatey brown. Stop processing before it gets too buttery. (There should still be air between the small bits so that you will be able to press them down into your brownie pan.)
4. Dump the mixture into a brownie dish or small cake pan and press down firmly using your clean hands.
Recommended Stories For You
5. Refrigerate this raw brownie recipe for a couple of hours. You do not have to refrigerate it, but it is much easier to slice when chilled.
6. Store this raw brownie recipe in the refrigerator.
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free and low glycemic.
Recipe adapted and submitted by Denise Martinez, licensed professional counselor and licensed addiction counselor. She practices in Steamboat Springs. Visit MindsinMotionco.com.