Fire that killed Whiteman grad ruled accidental | SteamboatToday.com

Fire that killed Whiteman grad ruled accidental

Pilot & Today Staff

— A house fire that killed two college students in Gunnison has been ruled accidental, The Denver Post reported Thursday.

Fire investigators have concluded that the Jan. 30 fire was likely set by careless cigarette smoking on a front porch of the home, according to a report in the Gunnison Country Times.

Western State College of Colorado students Lucy Grace Causley, 18, of Harbor Springs, Mich., and Adam Michael Lockard, 21, of Bethesda, Md., were victims of the fatal fire. Causley attended The Lowell Whiteman School in Steamboat Springs and graduated in 2009.

Read more about Causley here.