Michigan man suspected of sex assault
March 1, 2016
Steamboat Springs — A 23-year-old Lansing, Michigan, man was arrested Sunday on suspicion of felony sex assault.
On Saturday, Advocates Building Peaceful Communities was contacted by a Routt County woman who said she had been raped. The woman wanted to report the incident to police.
According to an affidavit filed with the Routt County Court, the woman said the man was a friend who was visiting Steamboat Springs.
The woman told a Routt County Sheriff’s Office deputy that she and the man were sharing the same bed, but she did not want to do anything sexual with him.
The rape reportedly happened during the night of Feb. 22. A sex assault nurse examiner and doctor examined the woman and found trauma, the affidavit states.
Trending In: Crime & Courts
- Arrest made in downtown Steamboat business burglary
- Spring runoff 2018 in Steamboat Springs defies the odds
- Assault at restaurant: The Record for Saturday, April 21, 2018
- Remember when naked foxes roamed Steamboat?
- What trails are open around Steamboat Springs this mud season? We checked in with some experts